Thursday, February 15, 2007

House Hunting

Well, we have started the process of looking for a house and it is exhausting. I have sat at the computer for hours looking at the different homes on the market. I have also driven all over looking for nice areas where we would like to live and checking out the homes. I don't really have a particular style I'm looking for but I know I want something that doesn't require a lot of work. Some of the old homes around here are really nice and have a lot of character but they also need a lot of TLC. A little TLC is okay but too much is overwhelming. We're trying not to look for our dream house right now. We just want to find a nice home that suits our needs. We definitely want a back yard for Tucker and I think he would love to have his own space where he could run and play (maybe even with another puppy playmate).
We have an appointment to see a house tomorrow evening, hopefully a few on Saturday and open houses on Sunday. Today I have taken a break from the hunt to tend to our messy place. I didn't realize how messy this place had gotten while I was focused (or Eric might say obsessed) with looking for a home. I just want to find the right house for right now. We'll see how everything goes. At least we're don’t have a time constraint. I just can't wait! Keep your fingers crossed!!

1 comments:

Kari said...

Don't get discouraged too easily. Just keep your eyes open, and try not to fall in love with the first one you like (like I did).